When’s the last time you played Human Poker? We’re going to guess it’s been a while.
Now you ask… what is Human Poker?
An icebreaker activity in which guests form poker hands with cards handed to them during check in.
Why do we play?
To have a good time. It’s a great way to mingle with other guests. Grab a drink and meet someone new. When else do you get to open with the line “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.”
There is still time to register!
Directions are simple!
1. Walk around the room and meet your fellow HH singles!
2. Show them your card and ask to see theirs
3. Form the best poker hand with your fellow HH singles
Winning five-card poker hands in order from highest to lowest:
- Royal Flush (10, J, Q, K, and Ace of the same suit)
- Straight Flush (all five cards in sequence and of the same suit)
- Four-of-a-Kind (four cards of equal rank)
- Full House (three of equal rank with two different cards of equal rank)
- Flush (any five cards of the same suit)
- Straight (all five cards in sequence regardless of suit)
- Three-of-a-Kind (three cards of equal rank)
- Two Pair (two cards of equal rank with two different cards of equal rank)
- Pair (two cards of equal rank)
- High card (no pairs, the highest of the five cards determines strength)
Schedule – Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Tuesday May 7th, 2013
6:00 – 6:30pm – Check In – Icebreaker instructions – Grab a cocktail (or two)
6:30 – 7:30pm – Icebreaker – What’s this I hear about a deck of cards?
7:30 – 8:30 – Mingle & Grab a few more drinks
8:30 – ??? – Review our BLOG for post HH Project event itinerary
May 7th: Human Poker Night at Traffic — Human Poker Instructions
06 May 2013